Lowe House Project
Artist in Residency
14 Calle Iglesia, Old Town Tubac, Arizona
Rio Compartido/Shared River Santa Cruz River Binational Waterways Exhibit October 15 – November 30, 2019
The Lowe House Project celebrates this juried exhibition of work from Arizona residents and non-residents at the Lowe House. The Santa Cruz River, shared both in the United States and Mexico, is the focus of the artwork and artists will be from both sides of the Border.
This exhibition will run concurrently with the traveling Smithsonian Waterways Exhibition held at the Tubac Presidio State Historic Park.
Participating artists are encouraged to participate in the educational programs being scheduled such as hikes, tours, lectures, classes and visits to public parks and museums. These programs are intended to expand the awareness of the habitat, history and cultural heritage of the Upper Santa Cruz River basin. For more information on the educational events contact Nancy Valentine, Lowe House Project Coordinator at [email protected]
Accepted artists will develop a body of work or works in any medium for potential inclusion in the exhibit.
Rio Compartido/Shared Rivers program is being made possible with assistance from AZ Humanities and Santa Cruz Community Foundation, Friends of the Santa Cruz River and Walking Sticks Hiking Club.
Important Dates for Rio Compartido/Shared River Exhibition
September 2, 2019 – Submissions Deadline – submit images per instructions below.
September 6, 2019 – Notifications to Artists
October 9, 2019 – Work Delivered to Lowe House ready to install
October 19, 2019 – Opening Reception
October 15 – November 30, 2019 – Exhibition Dates
December 1, 2019 – Artist pick up work
• Work accepted may be any media, 2 or 3 dimensional.
• Two dimensional work must be ready to hang.
• Three dimensional work must be free standing or include appropriate stand/pedestal for display.
• The works submitted must be the sole and original creation of the exhibiting artist(s).
• Giclee reproductions will NOT be permitted.
• Submitted images must include:
– Bio/artist statement.
– JPEG images sized less than 2 Mbtypes.
– Artwork Title, Media, Sales Price, Dimensions.
• Artists are responsible for delivery to and from Lowe House.
Instructions and Terms of Submission
• Submission – Submit up to three (3) images to [email protected] prior to the September 2nd deadline.
• Artists agree to release use of images of accepted work to Lowe House Project for promotional use relating to the exhibition.
• Sale of Work – We encourage your work to be for sale. The split of the artwork sale price is 75% to the artist and 25% to Lowe House Project. You agree to discounts up to 10% which may be offered to buyers at the discretion of The Lowe House Project.
• All artwork must be labeled on back with artist name and title.
• Acceptance – Submission of your application indicates acceptance of all terms and conditions of the Rio Compartido/Shared River exhibition.
For more information about Rio Compartido/Shared River contact Nancy Valentine, Lowe House Project/Program Manager at [email protected]m or Barbara Kuzara, Curator of Rio Compartido/Shared River Exhibition, at [email protected]. You can also view project information at Lowehouseproject.com